- Publisher: AMACOM
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Available in: Paperback, Kindle, Audiobook, MP3 CD
- ISBN: 978-0814401682
- Published: September 1, 2008
Mastering the ability to handle difficult people and disruptive behaviors has always been a critical career skill. Working with Difficult People defines nine fundamental types of difficult people and gives readers a complete system for opening lines of communication, resolving differences, and avoiding office headaches. Readers will learn how to:
- understand their own reactions to different kinds of difficult people
- explore the interrelationship between themselves and the problematic employee
- practice healthier responses to those who make their lives miserable
Unique among “difficult people” books, Working With Difficult People helps us look in the mirror — because we may be difficult people, too!
This revised edition includes an action plan for preparing for encounters and confrontations as well as all-new verbal self-defense tips, guidance on how to master power dynamics, and ways to differentiate between situational issues and psychological ones. Packed with new, updated information, this is an indispensable guide for dealing with the most difficult people in the workplace.