- Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- Available in: Trade paperback, PDF, Epub
- ISBN: 978-1567262056
- Published: June 1, 2007
Turning Constraints into Resources
Master the Six Dimensions of the Project Management Universe! Learn how to turn constraints into resources to achieve project objectives! Through case studies and practical exercises, The Six Dimensions of Project Management demonstrates the six possible combinations (or dimensions) of the “hierarchy of constraints”” (time, cost, and performance existing in a hierarchy of driver, middle and weak constraint) and the specific set of challenges and opportunities associated with each.
Project managers will learn how to recognize a project’s dimension and, by understanding its set of problems and resources, get the job done on time, on budget, and to spec! You will uncover hidden flexibility, unlock valuable new resources, discover threats before they turn into problems, and win the admiration of customers and projects sponsors alike.
- How to use the “inner purpose” of a project to empower project mangers and team players
- Why certain kinds of failure point the way to higher levels of success
- What creates opposition to your project—and how to leverage it for your benefit
- Where to look to find creative opportunities on every project
An indispensable resource for every project manager!